Monday, June 19, 2017

My Inquiry Project Goal for the Week

I was refreshed with some new energy, new questions to ponder, and new resources to explore today for my inquiry project.  I am sticking to the topic of How to Use Computer Programming to Teach Writing Skills, but now I have more to research.

For instance today I added several things on my padlet.  The most important might be the guiding question for my entire inquiry project.  Originally, I had written it as a single question, but after thinking about it, adding more detail, and changing some phrasing I decided to write them as two guiding questions:

  1. What is the "Goldilocks" (i.e. "just right") point where I as the teacher can enable students to do their own thing, encourage them to express their inner creativity, but yet complete the assignment?
  2. What expectations, guidelines, or rules can I put into place for assignments that are not too overly constraining, constricting, or rigid, but yet also allow for students not to feel lost in the veritable ocean of computer programming language?
My goal for the rest of this week in regards to my inquiry project is to continue my research while allowing these two guiding questions to keep me focused and not get too lost in playing.

Specifically, I also want to explore some specific resources that were suggested to me.
  • Inform 7
  • Inklewriter
  • Twine
I have already taken some time to explore Inform 7 today and learned a lot about Interactive Fiction (IF).  Tomorrow I will investigate the other resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment